Workshops in all mediums are regularly held. Tutors are experts in their field. Fees are varied but are kept as low as possible.
Saturday 17th 10am – 3pm. “Oils -perspective colour and harmony in a river scene” with Peter Tassell, local landscape artist. Peter has been painting wonderful landscapes for many years all over Australia. He tutors at both Toukley and Tuggerah Lakes Art Societies. A wonderful opportunity to work in oils or acrylics to achieve a realistic river landscape painting.
Saturday 9th – 9.30am – 3pm. Watercolour with Judith Hoste. Judith is an award winning artist and teacher in Umina. She has been teaching since 1985. Judith works and tutors in watercolour, acrylic, oils and pastels from her studio/gallery Amber Arts. Judith's workshop will give you the opportunity to work with a limited palette of warm colours creating a ‘landscape at sunset' featuring silhouetted grass trees and gums.
To book call the Gallery on 4392 4666. Members $40, non members $45. Payment in full at booking by cheque, card or direct debit.
Saturday 14th – 9.30am – 3pm. Painting in Pastels with Gwendolin Lewis. Gwendolin will introduce you to the pastel medium showing the use of soft pastels and specialised papers. In the class there will be domonstrations and explanatiosn of colour tone composition and perspective, the use of photographs for reference and plein air painting.
- There is a paint-together held Wednesday mornings from 9.30am – 12.30pm mentored by Peter Tassell.
- Drawing classes Tuesdays 10am – 1pm mentored by Richard Jeziorny.
- Abstract group every second Thursday 1pm – 4pm.
Anyone is welcome to join in, there is a $5.00 fee each week. For more information phone the gallery on 4392 4666.
- The cost of most workshops is $40 for members and $45 for non-members.
- Special workshops are priced accordingly. Cost available from gallery.
- Details of supplies required for each workshop are available from the gallery.
- There is a maximum of 15 people in each workshop.
- These classes are designed for artists with some experience, unless otherwise stated.
Toukley and Districts Art Society acknowledges that Central Coast Council has contributed funding towards our professionally tutored workshops.